Wednesday, December 21, 2011

12/13/2011

 Hello family, friends, and family of friends!
 
Is it December? I dont even know. Word on the street is that Christmas is in like 12 days? Sheeesh!! Crazy. As I type this, snow is finally falling in the great Utah! Its super pretty! Does anyone else have snow? Are your Christmas vacations started?
Whats new in the life of Elder Lakey? Well, first of all, I finished the Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ on Wednesday. I started it when I got here so a little over a month! Not too bad! I love loved it! Read it!! What else? Oh, we got Sylvestro, an investigator, baptized this last week!! We got a new one yesterday and he is a Pastor and knows the Bible very well. This is going to be harder, but we will kill him with Love and the Spirit!! Nothing else has been different really. Sunday for Fireside, the BYU Mens Chorus came and did a Christmas program thingy. It was super good and really fun to hear some Christmas songs. I am still trying to speak Portuguese all day every day. Some days are better than other but its coming along. I feel like I've jumped up a little bit this week. I think I had a really super spiritual lesson this week. I felt the Spirit. I sometimes get down on myself because I cant get the exact sentence I want out, but then I think "DUDE, Ryken, Shush up!!! Its been less than 6 weeks and you are TEACHING in a completely new language!!" It amazes me when I stop and think. God has blessed me with SO much learning its incredible! I have to admit, my brain is completely fried at the end of the day, but thats how we learn. And Im loving it. Another thought I had this week..."Ryken, you leave in 3 weeks" HOLY GUACAMOLE!! I will be teaching real people in real Brasil in 3 weeks! Thats nuts! Time is flying by. I dont know about you all, but ive been gone for a month and a half now. That blows my mind!!! Elder Ham got a hammock in the mail this week. We set that up and take some nice relaxing breaks at night. I love it!! Elder Carver is still here. Still no Visa. Maybe today? We will see. Im really hoping for an Apostle tonight. Theres a good chance that I will hear from at least two more before I leave. I am blessed immensely! I love my Heavenly Father. I love Jesus Christ. I love this work. There is nowhere on Earth that I would rather be. Seek Him. You will find Him and He will bless you!!
 
SHOUT OUTS:
Adam- Dude, that was awesome! Thanks for sending me some stats and sports updates. Brandon Roy? Crap. That sucks. Oh well, they will pick it up. And I think this week Im not going to do a written one. I dont have time. But thanks for the updats on you. Keep it up. There are people out there waiting for you to talk to them. Not a doubt in my mind! Keep it up and you will be out here in no time!
Nicole- Thanks for the DearElder! I loved it. And yes, I remember the homemade pizza..HAHAH!! Thats awesome about the 2 seventies that came! And you could have kept "Elder Nicole Allen" You can put whatever you want there! haha Hopefully you read this today or something but drive home safely! And, dont scream too loud when you see Chewy! ;)
Reagan Lacusta- I have no clue if you are reading this. I hope you do or someone tells you too but... I met someone that knows you! From good ol' Medicine Hat! Elder (something) Dola! He is tall. He is pretty cool! But yeah..connections!
Qile- Thanks for the letter Bro. Ive got one coming your way. Im sorry I havent written you back. Its busy around here! Its coming, I promise!
Brynn- Girl, hows the bloggy coming along? Keep it up! Please and thanks! :)
and..JACOB!!!! Welcome home!! Someone please tell him to read this! Cant WAIT to hear from you! I cant wait to get get those that you planted a seed. You are amazing bro!!
I think thats all...Im sorry if I forgot someone. Nothing against you, just major brain overload and not much time to write these things!
 
So, I need to apologize at this time. Why? Because I probably send you all the same thing over and over again. I can never remember what I write. You may get bored of these and I apologize. One of these weeks, Im going to have something crazy spectacular to say! Nothing more to say I guess. You all are in my prayers. I pray for you daily. I hope you all are happy and safe! Remember to smile and never forget your Savior, Jesus Christ! He lives. Also, you all are amazing for what you do for me. What you have been to me in the past, and what you still continue to be for me now. I love you all! Never forget it!! Have a fantastic week this week and I look forward to writing you next week!
 
Um Abraço,
Elder Ryken Lakey!

No comments:

Post a Comment