Thursday, December 1, 2011

11/29/2011


Ola minha familia e amigos!!!
 
Im alive!!!! Cool, huh?!
 
 
SHOUT OUTS!!!
First of all, all you that have written me and not recieved a letter back..they should be there! I spent more than a few hours writing letters. 9 to be exact..So I thought they would have been there but Im sorry they havent. Theyre coming. IF I have to be patient for yours, you can do the same! ;)
AMI - Thank you for all the updates on the Ducks and on your life. Your life sounds crazy..but guess what..God has given us a tool to help all the stress..What do you think that is? PRAYER and the comfort of the Holy Spirit! Its true. Youre amazing. Thank you for all the Dearelders!
STEPHANIE BLACKHAM - In your letter, I told you I would probably never see Elder Heiner. I lied.. I TAUGHT HIM A LESSON IN PORTUGUESE!! Yeah, it was incredible. I even got a picture with him. He will probably tell you about it.
NAVI VOLCY - I know you might not be reading this but I pray you do. Someone please tell her to read this because I met your brother!!! Yeah, I ran into Elder Volcy. It was way cool! I see him all the time now!
BRYNN- That picture..yeah, that was really from Elder Christensen. He is so funny! Hope you liked the Love Story!
JANICE LONEY - Thank you for your uplifting words. Im so grateful for them. Keep following the Lord. Your words help me a lot so thank you!
NICOLE ALLEN - Thank you for the letters. Im glad to hear your Thanksgiving was good. Mine was awesome! Keep it up! :)
 
 
And now about my week. It has been an up and down week. Last Tuesday..I was priviledged to hear an apostle of God speak. Elder D. Todd Christofferson. He talked on how the Joy of Christ will swallow up our afflictions. It was so powerful to see him. He also thank us for our efforts. It was cool! Then Thanksgiving I heard words from ANOTHER apostle of God. Elder Russell M. Nelson. Wow. IT was amazing. I actually liked his wife's talk more than his. She talked about 4 examples of real life situations where humans gave up their humanly life to serve God. One example was her husband. He was the first one to preform open heart surgery. The text books told him never but he listen to the Lord and followed the Spirit. Now look at how many lives are saved because of him. He then put that career down and served God as an Apostle. WOW!! Then He talked on Thanksgiving and Giving Thanks. He told us the Hallel= praise. And went into a whole bunch of definitions and stuff. I loved it. He also told a really cool story about the him opening up the church in Russia. It was way awesome!! We didnt have sandwichs. It was a normal Thanksgiving dinner..but the food wasnt the best. We also did a service project making 8000 injury kits. Yeah, it happened in a few minuntes. We made this HUGE assembly line thing. It was So cool and we all sang hymns while doing it. I LOVED it. Then at night, we all got popcorn and watched 17 Miracles. It was soo good! I hate to say this, but it was probably the best Thanksgiving Ive had. Yeah, the day is for Thanks, not food or football. Dont get me wrong, I LOVE those, but giving thanks was SO cool! I will be ever grateful for this Thanksgiving. But...I also missed everyone so bad. The last few days ive been coming down with some major home/frind sickness. Oh well, It is being swallowed up with the Joy of Christ! I love it here. I do I do I do!
I was released as Zone Leader. Shortest lived zone leader but it was incredible. I learned so much and I know why I was called only for a week. God works in mysterious ways. He does! Oh..sooo...Elder Valdez and Elder Christensen are gone. Yeah, they both received their visas and are now gone. Last night like 20 people sang God be with you Till We Meet Again in portuguese! SO COOL! My district is a whole 3 Elders. With one probably leaving in a week or two. Please pray that Gods will be done. And that I will have the comfort that Gods will is being made manifest about my Visa. Mom, You might want to look through my travel packet and give the travel agent a ring. Thats what my district said they did.
Lessons with the investigators have been pretty good. I had to meet new ones because of my new companions but its been alright. The language is coming a lot better. I can teach lessons now, so that must mean something good I guess. Check this out: Yesterday, we went into a lesson planning on talking about Chastity and Heaven. The spirit told me "Heck no! He needs to gain more faith and read the Book of Mormon" I told him a bunch of stuff and he felt my love for him and he is going to read it!!!!!
Last thing: My district and another Portuguese district did "The Tower Challenge" we ate a whole tower or Frosted Flakes. It was like 65 bowls! and we drained it! It was so awesome. I have a picture.
 
I love you all. Please pray to God. PLease read the Book of Mormon. It isnt my invitation, but it is the Lords invitation. Im just His mouthpiece. I pray for you all every. single. day!!!
 
I will leave you with something an old man told me in the Temple today "May your life be wonderful"
 
I love you all. Be good and be happy!
 
Loves,
~Elder Ryken Lakey

No comments:

Post a Comment