Wednesday, December 21, 2011

12/06/2011

Ola amigos! Tudo Bem?
  
Shout Outs:
Tom Lakey- Thank you so much for the packages you send me! I cant believe you would take the time to do that but I thank you from my heart! They make me muito feliz!
Emma- I sent you a letter. Why is it not there? bummer. I wrote another, its coming too.
Ashley- Yours is coming
Ami- And so is yours.
Adam- FINALLY!!! Thanks man. Yours is on the way.
Tomas- Thanks for the emails. Institute teacher? Shoot son! Love ya! Keep up the hard work.
Allen Family- Oh. My. Goodness! Thank you so so so much for the package! I wasnt expecting that so I kinda flipped...majorly! And thanks to each of you for writing me. I love you guys!
Kirsten- Let the best state win... :) Oh, and the better of the football teams.
 
Well, its already been another week. 5 weeks already? Wowzers! This week was incredibly hard for me. Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday i was very down. But of course, God to the rescue!! The weekend was fantastic! Want to know something Ive been doing? Okay cool, I will tell you. Ive been speaking in Portuguese all day every day. We do English fasts. No english!!! SOOOOO hard, but rewarding. I love it. One day I will get it. I know it!! :) I finally got my suit dry cleaned. I smell better now! I ripped it on a seam though. Will I sew it? Probably not. It isnt too bad. Maybe I can show you when I get back in two years! Our district is so small! ITs weird having a district of 3. I think Elder Carver will get his Visa today and leave next week. Elder Carver and Elder Ham are now sleeping in hammocks made of sheets. Its pretty cool but Im a good boy! ;) Im sorry there isnt a ton to talk about. I know you all are expecting something crazy awesome, but nothing new. Its all crazy awesome!! Every week is the same. Oh, I think I will get some pictures printed out and sent your way. Brynn- Please put them up on the Bloggy! Kthnxbi! Oh, two fast sundays down! 22 more to go! I recommend to anyone counting down...count fast sundays. 22 sounds better than 700! haha
 
Could someone let me know whos in what bowl games and who wins? What about the Heisman race? Please and Thanks.

Guess who I ate lunch with this week? Oh the MTC President. I was scared he was going to make me give a talk or something. Also, the Christmas Devotional was good? Did anyone watch it?
If not, let me tell you something. There is a new thing the church is doing. They made movie things!! Go onto LDS.org and look at the new videos they made. I watched a couple. They were way good! They are all Bible stories..SOoooooyou non-members can watch too. Especially in this Christmas season!
 
Is it Christmas season? I have no clue. Doesnt feel like it. Feel like a cold day. But we sing Hinos de Natal (Christmas Hymns) during class. Thats fun to sing in Portuguese.
 
OH MY GOSH! Why have I not told you this Mom...My best friend here, Elder Nielsen, went to BYUI and I know that I met him there. He doesnt remember. Thats not the important thing...UNCLE KENT CLEANS HIS TEETH!!! Way way cool. I find connections here all the time.
 
Temple was good again today of course.
 
Oh yeah...maybe you want to know that..... I RECEIVED MY ELECTRONIC VISA!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah, I will be leaving this country in approximately 6ish weeks. Meaning I could be in the MTC for close to 11 weeks..but thats alright, more training! Im grateful I got it. Scary, but way cool!
 
Entao, familia e amigos, teem um bom semana por favor. Eu amo voces. Muito! Eu sou grato por seu oracoes. Eu sou grato por seu amor. Deus vive. Ele tem muito amor para todas pessoas. Eu nao posso esperar ver voces em dois anos. Por favor escreva mim!!
 
So, family and friends, have a great week please. I love you. A LOT! I am grateful for your prayers. I am grateful for your love. God lives. He has so much love for everyone! I can not wait to see you all in two years. Please write me!!
 
Its true.
 
Um Abraco,
~Elder Ryken Lakey

No comments:

Post a Comment