Monday, June 11, 2012

6/11/2012

Hello world!
This week was pretty good. I have stories and we are finding success. Right now, we have a lot of good FAMILIES we are teaching. Im loving it more than ever! Just to help someone on the street bring SO much joy! In fact, let me tell you a little story. A true story, that happened to me this past week. We saw a man, VERY drunk, he could barely stand. This man probably had 70+ years of age. We wanted to help him, so we asked is we could carry him home. So we did of course! Jesus Christ would have. When we got there, we knocked and a man came to the door. We made a contact and told him who we are. Then a lady came to the door. She was out of her mind. SCREAMING her guts out. She pushed the old man down and he cut him self up pretty good. So blood was involved. And then...she grabbed a knife. And a HUGE knife. I think I was peeing my pants at about this time, but then she started coming toward us...and STABBING things in the house. The wall. The couch. The table. She was going nuts. So we grabbed the old man and fled. Moral of the story...I have know clue. I was too scared to think of a moral.
One more quick story: Today we went to some gardens. We wanted pictures, but not just any ol pictures, but jumping pictures. I jumped up, and tried to do a meditation look....it didnt work. I ripped my pants right directly in the bum. And a HUGE hole. Good thing we were there with the sisters as well. And tons of people around. Yeah, Im a representative of Jesus Christ!!
Well, its super cold. Not really, but just the house. They dont have heaters so everything is FREEZING! In fact, Im sleeping with two sweatpants, sweatshirt, and two blankets.
The work is coming along. I love it here! The Lord lives. And this is His work. I love you all! And may God be with you till we meet again!

Love,
Elder Lakey

No comments:

Post a Comment