Sunday, May 13, 2012

5/9/2012


Hello Friends! I am very sorry that I havent written you! Things have been crazy!!! Every day, we are running all over the place! I cant remember what I wrote last, but Im still in Campina Grande do Sul. Its all mountains and this place is incredibly evangelical. Its hard. Lots of people just arent understanding the importance of a living prophet and the book of mormon. We have been told to slow down on baptisms and try to reactivate members. Crazy?! My ward could probably be a stake, but only has 90ish people coming to sacrament meeting. Pretty sad. I was able to give 2 blessings this past week. One to a sick child, and one to a sister missionary. ITs always intimidating, especially in a different language but all is well. Things are slowly getting better with the language. I can understand and talk, but I have to work my way around words that I dont know. But hey, people keep saying Im doing well. A super humbling experience happened. We taught a mentally handicapped person behind a dumpster...he was digging through the garbage to find clothes to give to people in need. He said he was doing it because thats what Jesus did and he wants to be like Jesus. WOW!!! I hate to say this, but there isnt a ton more going on. Work work work! Oh, I went to the temple today. In Portuguese! That was cool. But hey, I just want to let you all know that God is a God of miracles. If you arent seeing Miracles, change! Strengthen your faith. Make your testimony into a conversion. Remember the words of Elder Holland.. ´´Its getting late´´
Remember that..I love you!!
 
Elder Lakey

No comments:

Post a Comment