Tuesday, July 17, 2012

7/16/2012

Hello world, its me, that one red-headed kid in Brazil!

So, how is everyone? I havent heard from any of you. This makes my mouth muscles go downward. But hey, life is awesome here in Brazil! Theres been ups and downs, but isnt that life? This past week has been absolutely freezing! Yes, its colder in my neck of the woods in good old Oregon, but, there are heaters there! This place doesnt have heaters! On sunday, outside was about 2 degrees farenheit..inside the house..7. That was at the warmest part of the day. Needless to say, I sleep with lots of clothes on and blankets. Story time for you all! So, we arent allowed to give hugs, and especially kisses but its super common here in Brazil. In sacrament meeting, the kids usually take up the tithing to Bishop. Well, before sacrament, I gave my pen to a family to use. During sacrament meeting, a little girl with like 5 years took up the tithing slip, received a kiss from bishop, and then came to me. She gave me my pen, and went in for the kiss. Me, being an awkward missionary, grabbed the pen and turned my face, my shoulder, and my back to the little girl. Yeah, everyone was watching. And then she starts crying. I felt horrible, but learned that Im really good at denying girls.
Im really starting to see the importance of this gospel of Jesus Christ. One of the greatest feeling in the world is helping someone come closer to Jesus Christ. Helping families. Helping people come back to the truth. Watching blessing be poured over them. God watches us. He is happy when we do the right, and sad when we do the wrong. I know that the church OF Jesus Christ exists today. Its not a church of people, nor pastors and teachers. Its not a church of the prophet...its Jesus Christs church and He directs it. Tonight, get on your little knees and give God thanks. Watch the blessings that will come in your life. I love you all! Keep on keeping on! And try not to make little girls cry!

Loves from me,
Elder Lakey

P.S. I still accept letters... ;)

1 comment:

  1. Ryken just wanted you to know that, you are not forgotten!!! you have been in our thoughts and prayers, keep up the good work!!! As we head into the holidays, i am thinking of those that are away, and you are one of them.. Take Care

    Janice

    ReplyDelete